Hot-dip galvanizing product advantages
Release date：2018-06-28 author： click：
With the development of industry, hot-dip galvanizing products have been applied in many fields. The advantage of hot-dip galvanizing is that the anti-corrosion period is long, and adapting to the environment has always been a popular anti-corrosion treatment method. It is widely used in power towers, communication towers, railways, highway protection, streetlight poles, marine components, building steel structural components, substation ancillary facilities, light industry, etc. The anti-corrosion years of hot-dip galvanizing are long-term, but the years of anti-corrosion are different in different environments: 13 years in heavy industry, 50 years in the ocean, 104 years in the suburbs, and 30 years in the city.
The principle of hot-dip galvanizing: the iron parts are cleaned, then treated with solvent, dried and then immersed in zinc liquid. The iron reacts with the molten zinc to form an alloyed zinc layer. The process is: degreasing--washing--washing-- Co-plating - drying - hot dip galvanizing - separation - cooling passivation.
The thickness of the hot-dip galvanized alloy layer mainly depends on the chemical composition such as the silicon content of the steel, the cross-sectional area of the steel, the roughness of the steel surface, the zinc pot temperature, the zinc immersion time, the cooling speed, and the cold rolling deformation.
Advantages of hot dip galvanizing
1. Low processing cost: the cost of hot dip galvanizing rust is lower than that of other paint coatings;
2, durable: in the suburban environment, the standard hot-dip galvanized rust thickness can be maintained for more than 50 years without repair; in urban or offshore areas, the standard hot-dip galvanized rust layer can be maintained for 20 years without repairing ;
3. Good reliability: the galvanized layer and the steel are metallurgically combined and become a part of the steel surface, so the durability of the coating is relatively reliable;
4. Strong toughness of the coating: The galvanized layer forms a special metallurgical structure that can withstand mechanical damage during transportation and use;
5. Comprehensive protection: every part of the plated parts can be plated with zinc, which can be fully protected even in depressions, sharp corners and hidden places;
6, save time and effort: galvanizing process is faster than other coating construction methods, and can avoid the time required to paint on the construction site after installation.
7. Low initial cost: Under normal circumstances, the cost of hot dip zinc is lower than that of other protective coatings. The reason is very simple. Other protective coatings such as sanding paint are labor intensive processes, whereas hot dip zinc is high. Mechanized, tightly controlled in-plant construction.
8. Simple and convenient inspection: hot dip galvanized layer can be tested visually and simply non-destructive coating thickness gauge
9. Reliability: The specifications of hot dip galvanizing are generally carried out in accordance with BS EN ISO 1461, and the minimum zinc layer thickness is limited, so the rust prevention period and performance are reliable and predictable.